Published on January 2nd, 2015 | by Steve Hanley0
Award Winning British Colombia
British Columbia, Canada’s westernmost province and home to the city of Vancouver, won praise from travel professionals in 2014.
- SKI Magazine’s annual reader’s poll named Whistler Blackcomb the number one, overall ski resort in North America.
- The Okanagan Valley was ranked second place for Best Wine Region in the world by USA Today Readers’ Choice.
- Travel + Leisure Magazine handed out two awards to BC — Tofino’s Wickaninnish Inn was named 2014’s top resort in Canada and Vancouver Island was named Best Island in the Continental U.S. and Canada.
- Revelstoke’s Bighorn resort won best ski chalet in the world, for the second year in a row, from the World Ski Awards, the international organization that rewards excellence in ski tourism.
- Gwaii Haanas National Reserve in the Haida Gwaii was named as a top-15 finalist in the inaugural National Geographic World Legacy Awards for its protection of historical monuments, archaeological sites, cultural events, indigenous heritage and artistic traditions.
- BC tourism also got global recognition when Tumbler Ridge Global Geopark was designated as the first Global Geopark in western North America by UNESCO.
The folks at Destination British Columbia will be happy to assist you with additional information about travelling in their beautiful province.
Source: Vancouver Observer